Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Flowerpot

Here's my October block for Diane.  I used a block from Kaffe Fassett's book Quilts in the Sun as inspiration.  I don't applique much, and I'd been wanting to try this block.  It's actually alot like Adrienne's, tho I didn't see hers until mine was done! 

Confession: I was thinking "solid background" and "flower" and about probably doing applique (ack), so I didn't read the directions as clearly as I should have.  My background was not a 13" square, tho in the back of my mind I kinda thought maybe something wasn't quite right.  I'm happy with my applique, and I sewed two matching panels to the side, to make a 13" square.  Instead of a goof, let's say the seams are "a design element highlighting the vertical nature of the block."  Yes?

I will mail it out this week. 

2 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

looks good to me xx

Adrienne said...

I think our blocks will look beautiful together. You know what they say about great minds!