Friday, January 30, 2015

Hive 4 January Block Completed

Hi all, My name is Heather and I am from Southeastern, CT, USA

I taught myself to sew 10 years ago, and I have been quilting for about 3 years.

I am excited to be part of this hive, and this is my second year of the Stash Bee.
 
Our January Hive Mama, Renae, asked us to help her finish up a quilt by making her a beautiful paper piecing block, designed by Wombat Quilts.

Colors of Raspberry, purple, lime, navy and teal and low volume background. Paper piecing is one of my new passions. Here is my block for Renae.



Renae wanted to know what was on our quilting bucket list.
 
I have many unfinished projects, but two important quilts on my bucket list. One is my quilt from last years Stash Bee. Last year I requested the Icky Bump paper pieced block from Wombat Quilts in Aqua, Purple, or Pink. Because I received so many aqua and only a few of the other colors, I need to make quite a few more purple and pink blocks for completion of the quilt.
 
These are the blocks I have received so far.


The second quilt I want to make is a King sized version of Kaleidoscopic Kites quilt from Fresh Lemon Quilts. This was the first quilt I wanted to make, but have found that collecting fat quarters for it has been very difficult. I purchase some, set them aside, organize them and then suddenly, I need to grab some from the pile to use for other projects. Hopefully some day this quilt will be laying on my bed.


I have a blog at HotPinkThread, although have not tended to it in quite  a while, but plan to start using it regularly this year. I have an etsy shop selling fabrics at HotPinkThread, and also a Facebook Page, HotPinkThread. I look forward to getting to know all of you, and seeing all the blocks this year!

No comments: