Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Hive #9- January 2015

Greetings all!  I really love the block Toni chose to start off our new year in the Stash Bee.  I enjoy improv piecing more than I probably should!  I am looking forward to seeing Toni's finished quilt.  I am often drawn to this color combination, but I rarely make anything using it.


Toni asked what sites and restaurants we would share with her if she came to visit.  I think my favorite place to go to in Atlanta is the High Museum of Art, although I don't go near as often as I should.  I also love the DeKalb International Farmer's Market- it is truly an amazing place to visit- and explosion of sensory experiences.  Outside of Atlanta, I like to go and poke around in the old town squares, like in Juliette, GA where Fried Green Tomatoes was filmed.  We would eat at the Whistle Stop Cafe- I recommend the Fried Green Tomato BLT.  In Atlanta I would have to say that even though it is very touristy, I really do love to eat at the Varsity and at Pitty Pat's Porch.  The Varsity is a heart attack on a plate, is over priced, and some people just don't like it.  I don't care.  I love it.  They ask "What'll you have?" and I answer "Chili dog, onion rings and an FO!"  My husband took me to Pitty Pat's for one of our first dates, so my devotion may be emotional.  However, my love of their biscuits has nothing to do with my husband.  Anyway, I love visitors, and everyone stops in Atlanta on their way to somewhere else, so maybe I will see you sometime! :)

No comments: