Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Hive #5 - March Block for Genevieve

Here is my March block for Genevieve - finished just in time!



I struggled a little bit picking fabrics for this block.  I have almost no black in my stash because it just isn't a color I've ever been drawn to work with.  And for whatever reason, my lime green is pretty minimal too.  It took some digging but I like how it ultimately turned out and I hope Genevieve agrees!

Genevieve asked us what non-touristy place we would take her if she came to visit.  Atlanta has plenty of more touristy things to do but to escape that, the north Georgia mountains are just beautiful and there are small towns with cute "downtown" areas full of mom-and-pop type shops.  Or if we're staying in the city, I always love going to shows at the Fox Theater.  Oh - and there are tons of awesome restaurants!

1 comment:

genevievegraves said...

This looks great Kim! You may have felt stash-challenged, but you managed to put together a beauty! Thanks!