Sunday, April 26, 2015

April block for Heather

Heather set us free to make a block for her epic sampler quilt she is working on. I went through a few books and landed on this block called Front and Center by Monika Wintermantel out of the 99 Modern Blocks book. 
I too am working on a sampler quilt and have made this block before and really enjoy the finished result. Just a lot of half square triangles.

I put together another block out of the same book called Boxed up by Angela Yosten. Its a simple block but I thought Heather could use it or not. I really like the fabric I used for this block.
 Blocks were mailed on Thursday so Heather should be getting them soon. She asked if we sewed anything in addition to quilts.  I have to admit I'm quite a bag lady.  Recently I finished an Amy Butler weekener, and I just finished Noodlehead's Poolside Tote out of some Joel Dewberry fabric. I'm in love.

May is my lucky month and I'm working on my tutorial for you all. I can't wait!

Jennifer

No comments: