Saturday, April 25, 2015

Hive 3 April block

Here is my block for Heather. I was lazy and used someone else's pattern rather than coming up with my own--this one is from Wombat Quilts. I really liked it when she posted it and it was just the right size! I had a little trouble finding browns that would work but after discovering the dark brown dots in my scrap bin I rather like the way it turned out. It will be in the mail on Monday!


I learned to sew and make clothes when I was a kid, but these days it's mostly quilting with a few bags and other accessories thrown in. My husband does like me to make him shirts, and I make myself skirts from time to time. Occasionally I try something different but I find commercial patterns unbelievably frustrating--there is something bizarre about the sizing on them, and I'm pretty close to a standard set of measurements. It's maddening because I do have some special fabrics I really want to make some awesome clothing out of, but I'm afraid of it coming out wrong and then I'll never wear it.

~Sylvia

1 comment:

Toni said...

Hopping over from Hive 9 to tell you that I just love this block! Great grouping of fabrics as well.