Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Hive 7 birds!

Hello Stash Bee!  This is Rozsamaria from Hive 7, posting my bird blocks for Mary Huey!

I have to confess, when I first saw the block I assumed it was paper pieced and I got pretty nervous.  I relaxed a bit when I realized it was improv pieced - it they were really fun to put together!  I made three (in case I messed one up).

Mary asked us to name our birds.  Here's the Bottle-Beaked Ruby Wren:

The Royal Winged Warbler:

Last, but not least, the Spotted Lantern Marthabird (named after my grandmother, who's quite fond of pink):


Mary asked us what our life-long passion is.  I'd have to say books.  Right now quilting is my passion, but I've only been quilting for eight years.  Books, however, have always been a part of my life.  I love reading.  I read whatever is available and trawl the public library - I can't afford to buy books to keep up with my habit!  I read on my commute and on the exercise bike.  Reading is magic!

1 comment:

Chiska said...

I love your birds and their names!