Friday, August 21, 2015

Hive 2 August blocks for Christina

I've been away this week and had some time to brose the internet, while at the same time I didn't have access to a sewing machine.  When I got home, I ended up doing a long marathon of sewing since I was so inspired by the many beautiful projects, and I had time to think about all of the 'next steps' for each of the projects I have been working on.  Sometimes I am so overwhelmed that I don't sew because it is too overwhelming to plan on that next step.  It's like it is stressful to plan the steps needed to relive stress.
Anyway, these were quick and easy as promised.  I have never heard of Sunday Morning quilt, but I'm looking forward to seeing the completed product!

Here are the blocks I made:



Cooking for me is hit or miss.  Either I'm in a rush and it is a pain to deal with, or I have time and a plan and I enjoy the process.  Lately I have been looking for ways to use up all those fresh tomatoes.  Yesterday we made pasta, but instead of our typical red sauce, we made alfredo and added the fresh tomatoes and parsley from the garden.  Yummy!

I really like the website bigoven.com when it comes to recipes. 

Here is my easy go-to all in one Chicken/Rice Casserole:
http://www.campbellskitchen.com/recipes/one-dish-chicken-rice-bake-24702

No comments: