Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Hive 2 August Blocks for Christina

Sunday Morning blocks are so fun to make! This quilt has been on my bucket list for 2 years and thanks to you, Christina, I now have a start on getting strips cut! And a little practice in block construction and strip selection. (I did have to change a few end strips to make them more interesting!) Amanda Jean Nyberg is a fellow Minnesotan and friend of mine and I just love her and her work! Did you know she has her own fabric line, Good Neighbors, through Connecting Threads? It just got released and includes some perfect prints for this quilt! I also got to meet her co-author, Cheryl Arkison, at QuiltCon last February. Two very talented, inspirational ladies!

So these four blocks were mailed out to you today, Christina. Sorry this picture isn't the best. It's a rather dreary gray day here. I did choose many of my favorite prints. I hope they fit right in with the others you already have.


As for a recipe, here is one of my favorite fall dinners: Butternut Squash Quinoa Chicken Stew. We certain have a little hint of fall in the air up north here. The time for hot dishes, soups and stews is near! 

http://www.cookincanuck.com/2011/11/hearty-chicken-stew-with-butternut-squash-quinoa-recipe/

Sue

No comments: