Thursday, October 1, 2015

October Tutorial Hive 7


Hello Friends,

My name is Lori and I live in Southeastern Michigan.  I’ve been sewing nearly all my life and quilting since the mid 90’s.  It’s my first year with the Stash Bee, and I’m hooked!  Not only am I enjoying participating in my own hive, I love seeing what all the other hives are working on as well.
As soon as I joined the bee, I had a block in mind for my month.  Since then, I have probably changed my mind at least ten times.  Now that it’s my turn, I’ve decided to go with my original idea. Does that surprise anyone? 
For my block, I’d like the color pallet to be dark blues, deep reds, and off white/tan.  I’d describe it as more “Americana” than “Patriotic”.  Something like this:

 
Here’s a block that I made
I like the blocks to have a star theme.  ANY  star block you choose.  ANY size block you’d like to make.  I’ve added some links below of various star blocks.  Maybe one will inspire you.  I see Pinterest has an endless amount of ideas.  Most of all, have fun.  If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to contact me.
My question for you is:  Do you have an absolute favorite block/design?  And have you actually made yourself a quilt with it?  My favorite block is the Churn Dash.  My older daughter and I made a Churn Dash quilt for my younger daughter’s wedding, but I haven’t made one for myself….. yet.
Enjoy the changing seasons and happy stitching.      ---Lori

 

No comments: