Sunday, October 4, 2015

Hive 8 October block for Amanda

This month Amanda asked for a super cute sailboat block. It was fun and easy to sew! My stash has very little brown but I had just finished the Row by Row experience quilt top and had one little piece in f brown left! So lucky and happy to have just what I needed.
I'm very happy with my block! And I really hope Amanda does too!! 
My iPad will not take a good color picture... This is more vibrant in person. 
This months question is how and why did we begin quilting. My answer is really boring... I honestly don't know!!
I've always been a creative person. Making things is what I do! I guess it was just a stumble upon thing. I learned to sew as a child and loved sewing clothes and small accessories for myself. When I was pregnant with my first child I wanted to make things for him. I made him soft cloth toys and clothes. With the bits left over it was a natural progression to use them in a quilt. And a crafting passion was born 😃

No comments: