Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Hive 6 - January Block

Hi everyone! My name is Judy and I am in Hive 6! My January blocks are done and on their way to GA! :) Let's start with the answers to Sylvia's (aka hive mamma for Jan) questions:

1. Name: Judy

2. Where are you from: Mesa, AZ

3. Tell us about your family: Just me and my husband in the house. I have a daughter who is 25 years old. Not sure how that happened, quite certain she was born just a few years ago!

4. Tell us about your pets: We have two dogs, Rubi and Nugget. Rubi is a red Husky and Nugget is a white Husky/Malamute mix. They are high energy dogs and need daily exercise, which is provided by taking them mountain biking. Yup, I cheat, Rubi pulls me up the mountain! :)

5. How long have you been quilting: 2.5 years. When the bug bit, it bit hard!!

6. What crafts do you do other than quilting: I crochet but not very often. Mostly I can be found by my cutting table, ironing board, petting my stash or at my sewing machine!

7. Fabric line you want to buy next: Hmmm, I don't really have any fabric lines on my radar right now. I'm trying to use my stash. . . I purchased a Loominous FQ bundle a few months ago - I'm itching to cut into it!

8. Preferred quilting method: FMQing on my domestic. Quilting is my absolute favorite part of the quilting process!

9. Where you can find me: I blog at www.quiltparadigm.blogspot.com. I am still resisting IG and FB... I spend a LOT of time on the computer already!

10. Favorite book: I don't know that I have one. I listen to books on Audible while I quilt. I listen to a LOT of books. My favorite genre is true crime.

11. Favorite show to binge watch: I don't watch TV. . . cuts into sewing time! LOL

And here are my Union Jack blocks:

So my first month's blocks are finished and were put in the mail today! Did this first month disappoint? Nope. Definitely stretched! LOL Thank you Sylvia for making me face my Union Jack fears!



No comments: