Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Hive 9, January Block for Yvonne


I'm excited to be participating in the Stash bee again this year.  Last year was my first year, and I really enjoyed working on a variety of blocks.  I finished a nice little quilt for my niece due to my fantastic hive mates last year.

This block was super fun to make.  I really enjoy the challenge of getting those corners lined up just right!  I look forward to seeing the completed quilt, Yvonne has some really great projects on her blog and always puts together gorgeous finished quilts.

Now for the questions!
My name is Jennifer and I've been married to Barry for 18 years.  We have three kids, Megan is 23 and graduated college last year, Ethan is 17 and a high school senior.  Sydney is 15 and a high school sophomore.  We live just outside the University of Delaware campus here in Newark, Delaware.  I'm 1 mile from PA and 1 mile from MD.  The Mason/Dixon line goes through our neighborhood.
We have two rescued greyhounds.  We have also been a greyhound rescue foster family. The greyhounds are a very friendly breed, having been socialized since birth with lots of other dogs and a huge variety of people.  They like everybody and are very lazy unless they see a small fuzzy animal, then they are lightning fast!  The dogs straight off of the racetrack have never walked on hardwood or carpeting.  They haven't climbed stairs or seen a screen door.  There is a lot of acclimating to do so they are comfortable in their forever home. 
I've been quilting 20+ years.  I first took a block-of-the-month class at a local shop and made and hand quilted 12 blocks.  From there, I made a few things like baby quilts, but the modern quilting style has inspired me to get back into quilting in a big way over the past few years.  I've joined the Delaware Modern Quilting Guild and I am loving the creativity of quilting.
I have always been a crafty person, enjoying stamping, scrapbooking, drawing, etc. 
I really love the Michael Miller Cotton Couture fabric line and have been slowly accumulating a variety of those solids.  I really enjoy cutting, I like piecing very much unless it is too repetitive and I don't enjoy quilting anything large, so these quick blocks for my hive mates are perfect for me!
I love technology and work for a clinical research software company, so I am all over the internet with my work blog and twitter.  I keep my quilting separate from work.
Quilting Blog:  qisforquilt.com
Instagram:  @jennquilts
I love to read, especially books from Oprah's book club.  I love a powerful story, I like historical fiction, emotional thrillers, police/detective stories and especially real-life stories of inspirational people.
I am currently watching 'How to get away with Murder'.  I like Downton Abbey, Blacklist, Myth Busters, Top Gear, Scorpion, Big Bang Theory, House and Greys Anatomy.

I'm looking forward to meeting everybody and making some blocks!

No comments: