Thursday, January 14, 2016

January Block for Audrey - Hive 5

I am so excited to become part of the Stash Bee, and to just be participating in Bees again in general.  What amazing blocks have been requested for January ...... I see lots of them being made by me in the future as many have made it onto my To Do list!  Audrey requested the Five Crosses block and here it is!
 
 
She asked for it to be left untrimmed .... although I did really want to square it up!  It was a really fun block to make and came together quickly.
 
So a little bit about me:
 
1. Name:  Abigail
 
2. Where you live:  Stratford upon Avon, UK
 
3. Tell us about your family:  Kiwi husband, 2 daughters, one born in New Zealand and one born in UK, who we home educate
 
4. Tell us about your pets:  One cat called Smiggle
 
5. How long have you been quilting?  6 years on and off
 
6. What crafts do you do other than quilting?  Crochet mainly, but also embroidery, dressmaking, pattern drafting, fabric dying .... to name a few
 
7. Fabric line you want to buy next:  Not so up on fabric lines although I have been seeing some lovely Cotton and Steel sets ..... also love using old vintage and recycled fabric
 
8. Preferred quilting method (FMQ, long arm, hand, etc.):  Longarm, but still very new to this
 
9. Where we can find you on social media:
instgram: @cutandalter
flickr: cutandalter
 
10. Favourite book:  Toooo many to mention - I am an avid reader some good reads from 2015 were Burial Rites by Hannah Kent, The Thread by Victoria Hislop and The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier
 
11. Favourite show to binge watch:  I don't!!  But shows I have watched regularly in the past include House, Grey's Anatomy, Revolution and The Last Ship and really enjoying Blindspot at the moment
 
Really looking forward to getting to know everyone in Hive 5 and to see what all the other Hives are up to aswell!

No comments: