Wednesday, January 20, 2016

January Block for Audrey



Well, Ladies,
I am finally joining in the fun! I've been a silent partner in Stash Bee 2016 but am delighted to be participating. It's always the posting that slows me down!  I've had this block made since the first days of the month but haven't made time to post.


Now for the questions.

My name is Lyssa Jane and I've been married to Rees for 25 years. We have four children, ages 23,21,17 and 15 (3 boys and 1 girl) and live in the foothills of the beautiful mountains around the Salt Lake Valley, UT, USA. In fact, we're just 15-20 minutes from 4 of the best ski resorts. We have darling black GoldenDoodle named MollyJane. She's very devoted!

  By day, I am a dental office manager, a job I began last April  after raising kids full-time for 23 years.

I love gardening, baking, cooking, reading, hiking and biking. However, with aforementioned life change (see above) I do much less of these things now.

I began quilting 4-5 years. Ironically, I always hated sewing and wondered why anyone would buy fabric when they could buy paper. Silly me! I was involved in teaching the young women (age 12-18) of our church to sew a quilt and I discovered I loved it! I had just
had a bad machine for my whole married life. 

I have determined not to look at new lines as I really need to commit to sewing my stash. I do have an eclectic taste in fabric designers including French General, Anna Maria Horner, Fig Tree & Co., American Jane, and Basic Grey.


Like my fabric choices, my reading varies. Some favorites include Pride & Prejudice, Harry Potter, I Capture the Castle, and the Flavia De Luce series.  I participate in a book group that's been going for more than 15 years. I love it!

Like blog posting, I'm not very active on social media. I do have a Facebook page and am a bit more  active on Instagram as lyssajanej.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your fabric choices!

audrey said...

Yay! I have a serious love affair with polka dots, so this block is perfect! :)

Mjcooksgrte said...

Beautiful fabric choices!

Jacque T said...

Oooo, you and I both like the same fabric designers!!! Your block turned out beautiful!