Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Hive 4: February block for Ruth

I wish I had an exciting story of bodice seam ripping and hair pulling, some full-fledged drama about the block loving or not loving me, but dude, this block came together in no time at all and I didn't need to rip even one seam (That's a lie, for dramatic effect, but it was really just the one).

The biggest struggle was trying to come up with enough low-volume fabric, since this is an area of dearth in my rather bright stash, and to find a centre fabric that would read like a solid, for I do not do solids.



I don't consider those oranges particularly low volume, but I asked Ruth on Instagram if they would pass and she was too polite to put on sunglasses and scream "I'm blind, blind with saturation!" so I guess they'll do ;).

Here's a little close up that shows the subtle pattern on the star.



Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt, Ruth!


1 comment:

Ruth said...

Thanks a million, i think they are fun and will draw the eye beautifully in my quilt!