Monday, August 1, 2016

Hive 3 August tutorial

Hi Ladies ,   August is not only my month for a block but my birthday month what a great way to celebrate but by getting beautiful blocks from everyone 😀 . I have picked a fun super easy block start to finish is only 10-15 minutes . I hope you enjoy and have fun making them 😀   I wanted to let you know a little bit about me . I live in the beautiful shanendoah blue ridge mountains in Va. . I have been married for over 30 years and have two beautiful daughters and three wonderful grandchildren with one more on the way due in March  .. Eek I'm so excited . I also have two dogs and three cats , two bunnies and a flock of chickens ... Well enough about me on to the tutorial .                            


1/4 Log Cabin Block :    You can use your scrap pile for this block any bright summer colors or prints will work . You need to cut from color 1. 1 6.5 by 6.5 square        From color 2. 1 strip 3.5 by 6.5 and 1 strip 3.5 by 9.5   From 3 rd color cut 1 strip 3.5 by 9.5 and 1 strip 3.5 by 12.5 .      Sew the  3.5 by 6.5 strip to one side of the block and press to one side . Sew the 3.5 by 9.5 strip to the bottom of the unit you just sewed . Press to one side . Sew the 3.5 by 9.5 to the side you added the 3.5 by 6.5 strip press to one side and then sew the last strip to the bottom of the block and press to one side . You are now finished you should have 12 1/2 inch block . You do not need to square up I can do that when I put them together 😀 I hope you enjoy making it as much as I did . Sandy      







1 comment:

bonran said...

Any particular size? or Colour?