Saturday, March 25, 2017

Hive 5 - March Block

This month has been crazy but I finally got a chance to sit down today and make Maja's block for March.  This was actually the first piecing I got to do on my new sewing machine (I bought a Janome 1600 straight stitch machine at QuiltCon)!  That should tell you how my month went - no sewing for almost an entire month!

Maja asked for a black and white Irish Chain block with a touch of gray.  I had already set aside all of my black and gray fabrics from my block last month so it was really easy to cut right into cutting.

Here's my finished block!


I made my strip sets a bit longer than required so I have a few extra 2" wide pieced strips that I'll send along as well.  Hopefully you can work them in to some scrappy blocks!


Hope you like how the block turned out!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it Kim! Thank you for scrappy strips :)
Maja