Sunday, April 23, 2017

Aprill Hive 2 Bee block for Brenda


Brenda asked for a flock of  birds. We used paper piecing, which I have done plenty of, but realize it's not my most enjoyable technique, but I got her done. :)  I also do not have a stash of batiks and am glad I found this piece. I based my colors of the bird off of the batik so it would be harmonious. I am happy to say I think he turned out pretty good!  Funny thing is  I took a knitting class on how to knit birds yesterday and have been delighting in the birds that are fluttering and feeding on my newly established bird feeding area my husband created for me. So yes, it's been a month of feathery friends. Prefect block for a time as this.





 I hope you enjoy this block, looks like you will have a happy flock with the treasures I have been seeing in our hive. Happpy Spring!  

No comments: